Adaptive learning is a computer-based and/or online educational system that modifies the presentation of material in response to student performance. Best-of-breed systems capture fine-grained data and use learning analytics to enable human tailoring of responses and deliver customized resources and learning activities to address the unique needs of each learner.
Here are 5 apps that simplify adaptive learning for students.
- Byju’s: The Byju app features unique learning journeys, actionable feedback, recommendations, and guided paths. The learning journeys for each student will be determined based on their capabilities and proficiency levels and is personalised according to their needs. It serves visual and personalized educational content mainly to school students from classes 4 to 12 (primary to higher secondary level education).
- NextNLP: The Next NLP App by Next Education, an end to end K12 solution provider, brings forth Adaptive assessments, as part of their Learning Management System. The solution is based on a customized version of Item Response Theory where a mid-level question is posed to students and if they answer it correctly, they will receive a question of higher difficulty level and if they answer it wrong, they will face a question of lower difficulty level. The Knowledge Space Theory (KST), a machine learning algorithm based on a probabilistic model, maps the present knowledge state of the individual being assessed and thereafter proposes what the person is ready to learn further. The feature emphasizes that along with personalized assessments, feedback needs to highlight the strengths and weaknesses of a student and it should set out ways in which the student can improve the work.
- KidAptive: Kidaptive's Adaptive Learning Platform (ALP) has AI-based algorithms that empower educational companies to use the data they collect to increase learner engagement and improve outcomes. ALP is the world's first cloud-computing platform designed by learning scientists to measure and predict performance and progress in any digital learning product, using advanced machine-learning algorithms to analyze learner data and illuminate underlying patterns and relationships. Most learning-analytics solutions are limited to a single application. ALP is designed to draw from diverse sources—learning activities, assessments, and parent/educator input, and even from different products—to produce a holistic picture of the learner's proficiency, progress, preferences, and passions.
- Classplus: The classroom management app helps tutors focus on nurturing students by eliminating time-consuming secondary activities such as creating quizzes, checking assessment, and tracking attendance logs. Moreover, apart from teaching, much of the tutor’s time is spent on preparing and checking assignments, disseminating classroom information, and other activities. Enter Classplus, an app that gives tutors the ease of managing a classroom at their fingertips, helping them invest more time in nurturing students.
- Embibe: Embibe addresses that it makes every student feel that he/she has equal chances of getting selected in an exam, regardless of their academic background. All learning content is available in the form of best of the web videos and question banks, with interactive 3D slideshows. Embibe leverages a unique mix of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to understand the learning patterns of students and existing knowledge to build on, which is unique to every student. It then accordingly suggests the most effective personalised learning path for every learner to help them achieve real-life goals, regardless of their level of ability, exposure and access.