Palo Alto Networks Earns Recommended Rating for Traps Advanced Endpoint Protection Offering in NSS Labs Report
Palo Alto Networks announced that its advanced endpoint protection product, Traps, has received a “Recommended” rating in a recent independent test conducted by NSS Labs Inc., the world’s leading information security research and advisory company.
Traps earned a 97.7 percent overall security effectiveness rating, blocking 100 percent of exploits and 100 percent of evasions with zero false positives, according to the NSS Labs Advanced Endpoint Protection (AEP) Test Report.
The AEP test evaluates product effectiveness at detecting and eliminating threats from malware, malicious code, blended threats, and other exploits that are introduced to environments created to mimic a typical enterprise.
To provide additional validation, the report also calculates the total cost of ownership (TCO) for each product based on purchase, maintenance, installation, alerting, monitoring and upkeep costs. The AEP report identified Traps with the best overall TCO over a three-year period.
• “The results of the NSS Labs report further validate what thousands of our customers already know: Traps is highly effective in blocking a wide range of threats on the endpoint. The ‘Recommended’ rating – awarded to us based on leading marks for effective detection and blocking of malware and exploits with zero false positives – validates the accuracy of the protection Traps delivers. The high return on investment for Traps reflects the ability for incident response teams to save time when accurate alert information is available."
- René Bonvanie, chief marketing officer, Palo Alto Networks
• "NSS Labs applauds Palo Alto Networks for subjecting Traps to a rigorous assessment and delivering a solid performance, earning a ‘Recommended’ rating in our report. The performance of Traps in our test setting indicates its strength as a viable endpoint protection product."
- Vikram Phatak, chief executive officer, NSS Labs, Inc.
• Read the report: NSS Labs Advanced Endpoint Protection Test Report
• Palo Alto Networks Traps Advanced Endpoint Protection
• Palo Alto Networks Security Operating Platform