‘Amazon Launchpad’ receives 400 applications within two weeks of India Launch
In a robust push towards Indian government’s ‘Startup India’ initiative, Amazon.in’s global program ‘Amazon Launchpad’ witnessed close to 250 plus applications within 3 days of its launch. The program was announced earlier this month with an aim to make it easier for Indian startups to launch, market and distribute their products to millions of Amazon customers across India and around the world through a dedicated store.
Amazon.in received more than 400 applications within just two weeks of the launch. Most of the applicants are young startups that are about one and half years old. About 60% of the applicants have never sold on Amazon.in before. Electronics, Health & Personal Care and Grocery are among the major categories that have seen peak number of applicants. While bulk applications have been received from the metros, startups from tier 2 & 3 towns like Mehsana, Hubli and Thissur have also come forward and applied. Similar attraction has been seen with international applications coming in from countries including Singapore, US, Finland, Ireland and Italy.
Commenting on the initial success, Jason Feldman, Director Global Innovations, Amazon said “We are excited to see the overwhelming response that Amazon Launchpad has received from the Indian startup community. We have been pleasantly surprised to see the creativity and enthusiasm from Indian startups and especially from those in the non-metro cities, so early. We hope more and more Indian startups join Amazon Launchpad and make the most of this exceptional opportunity to get access to big consumer markets nationally and internationally”.
Amazon Launchpad started with over 400 innovative products ranging from Wearable Technology, Smart Homes, Food & Beverage, Health monitoring, Educational Toys & more from more than 25 Indian startups leveraging Amazon’s marketplace expertise and infrastructure to create awareness and drive sales. Launchpad products and startup application form can be accessed on www.amazon.in/launchpad.
A few innovative products that are already seeing success on Launchpad-
· Sensy Home by Sensara Technologies
· Ustraa by Happily Unmarried
· ChargePLUS by Resonate Systems
· Blink by Witworks
Some interesting startups that have been selected to be a part of Launchpad-
· Electric wheelchairs by Ostrich Mobility Instruments Pvt Ltd
· Eco-friendly yogamats - JURU Yoga Pvt Ltd
· Delicate cloth washer – Vermeer Laundry Innovations India pvt ltd ( monono Gentle Washer)
· Sanitary hygiene assistance for women – First Step Digital Pvt Limited (Peebuddy and Sirona)
· Ergonomic baby carrier made by handloom cooperatives - Anmol Baby
Amazon Launchpad has tied up with various partners operating in the ecosystem, such as DIPP’s Startup India initiative and offers startups a streamlined on-boarding experience, access to custom product pages with unique content, marketing support to aid product discovery, and access to Amazon’s global customer base & fulfilment network, all geared towards helping startups scale up their businesses and successfully launch their innovative products. This unique program, is helping Indian startups overcome many of the challenges associated with launching new products.
Companies that are part of Amazon Launchpad receive the following benefits:
· Brand Development: Custom product pages in the new Amazon Launchpad store showcase unique content that helps bring a startup’s brand and products to life through photography and video. A dedicated Q&A section allows founders a chance to tell their story and connect with customers in a more personal and engaging way.
· Customer Reach: Amazon’s most powerful marketing tools – including on-site merchandise placements, personalized recommendations, external program PR, and access to advertising – give products added visibility.
· World-class Fulfilment: Startups also enjoy access to Amazon India’s fulfilment network and fast, unlimited shipping with Amazon Prime, along with exceptional customer service.
· Global Expansion: When Startups are ready to reach customers outside India, Amazon Launchpad can help them expand globally to nine Amazon marketplaces around the world.
All Consumers on www.amazon.in and the Amazon mobile shopping app have an easy and convenient access to 95 million products across hundreds of categories. They benefit from a safe and secure ordering experience, convenient electronic payments, Cash on Delivery, Amazon’s 24x7 customer service support, and a globally recognized and comprehensive 100% purchase protection provided by Amazon’s A-to-Z Guarantee. They can also enjoy Amazon.in’s guaranteed next-day, two day delivery, Sunday and Morning delivery on products fulfilled by Amazon.